Saturday 2 April 2011

Days like this can only but make you smile!

Well what a beautiful day today has been. Unfortunately, I had to work at the day job, but I did manage to squeeze in a lovely walk in my lunch break. I took my normal route into town, down to the Prom, past the Jubilee Pool and over to Newlyn Green. The sun was shining, and lots of people were out making the most of the lovely weather as well. I often find this little walk does wanders to clear some of the cobwebs away. Looking out over to Mounts Bay, Newlyn and Mousehole, you can only but smile and feel good.


I do try to rest my mind, but I find these kinds of walks only spur me on to think up more wonderful ideas and get excited about the future. In just over five weeks I will have been made redundant from my job. As much as I am actually looking forward to leaving, you can only but wonder sometimes what the future may bring. But today, I felt excited about the next step; the new ideas we have been discussing for what seems like forever, and the adventures that will be heading our way.

Sometimes, what seems like bad news at the time, with the wonder of hindsight actually turns out to be good news. Redundancy could be one of the best things that has happened to me. I think every now and then we all need that little extra push in the right direction.

So, it only feels right that our new beginnings are starting in the Spring. Spring; one of the most wonderful times of the year, where fresh starts are occurring all around us; calves and lambs are being born, flowers start lining the hedgerows and the trees that were once quiet are now filled with birdsong.



This is the view from our kitchen window. I love seeing all the daffodils line the wall outside. I always think they are such happy flowers and along with tulips and sunflowers they are one of my favourite blooms.




Tonight, I came home to find Mark busy on the decking painting some Daisies, Stars and Mini Sailing Boats ready to make up for a later date.


Sometimes, there is nothing nicer than sitting outside and working whilst enjoying a warming cup of tea and a very delicious hot cross bun!!!




As for the rest of the weekend, well tomorrow is Mothers Day! This evening I shall start wrapping all my lovely gifts for my Mum. Tomorrow, she is being taken out for lunch with the rest of the family. Unfortunately I will be working, but I shall see her in the evening with my sister. My sister is home from University, so it will be nice to cook a lovely meal, chat (we do lots of that when we get together!), catch up and have a girlie evening in.

So lets hope the sun shines tomorrow for all the lovely Mothers out there. I think they deserve it, don't you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment